Summertime in the Sun

It's here! Memorial Day is finally here and with it comes the official kickoff for the summer season. I don't know about you but I'm gearing up for beaches, cookouts and amusement parks!

With the onset of the summer season comes more exposure to the sun and while I love a healthy dose of Vitamin D as much as the next girl and I've actually learned to appreciate a tan, I'm smart enough to not ignore all the warnings that you have to protect yourself from the sun's harmful rays.

I have SUPER oily skin on my face, especially in the summer and I've found that this Neutrogena Clear Face sunblock has been the best for protection from the sun without clogging up my pores and causing breakouts. I even took it on a cruise to the Caribbean and a day full day at a water park and it held up beautifully. Not surprising since I've been using different Neutrogena products since I was eight years old. Obviously they've learned a little something over the years about skin care.

When it comes to sunblock for the body, I personally prefer a spray over a lotion because it's lighter and doesn't leave a white film on the skin. I've been using this sunblock by Coppertone for a few years now. And don't forget your lips. They can burn too! I use this lip balm with SPF by Banana Boat. All of my sunblock is at bare minimum SPF 50.

The moral of the story my fellow fluffy girls, is however you choose to protect yourselves, please cover up. You'll be happy you did later on when your skin doesn't look like leather like that so called "Tan Mom of New Jersey". And my fluffy girls of color, don't think this doesn't apply to you. We can burn too. (Trust me. I'm speaking from personal experience!)

Happy Fun in the Sun time ladies !!!

No comments

Search