Trend Spotlight - Peplum

Dress - Forever 21+; Shoes - Me Too via Marshalls; Sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs

While poring through the fashion mags, I noticed that peplum detailing was everywhere for the Spring/Summer season. I thought that it was really pretty and feminine and was super flattering on the size two models and celebrities but that it couldn’t possible flatter your average sized girl, much less a fluffy girl like myself.

I happened to walked into Forever 21 (I’m lucky enough to live in a place that actually carries their plus-sized line in-store.) and low and behold one of the first things I see is a peplum dress in a super pretty poppy red with black crochet detail on top and a black pencil skirted bottom. I figured why not try it on just for kicks to see how it fits and BINGO I have a new favorite dress. It's fitted enough to show off my figure but still flattering. I’m big in my midsection with that dreaded lower pooch and the peplum over the skirt covers it up perfectly! Plus the pencil skirt added curves where I don’t usually have them! Super feminine, ultrachic and could easily go from day to evening. You definitely have a convert in me!

I also found this sexy black and white version for only $22.00 at Dots.com for the girls who are bold enough to wear horizontal stripes

And in my search for peplum details, I've found that ASOS CURVE is king! Check out this dress that incorporates two of Spring's hottest trends in one: Peplum and Florals!
ExclusivePeplum Dress In Floral
ASOS CURVE
$78.28
us.asos.com/ASOS-CURVE
Exclusive Peplum Top In Color Block
ASOS-CURVE
$43.49
us.asos.com/ASOS-Curve
Exclusive Skirt With Peplum Waist
$52.19
us.asos.com/ASOS-CURVE











No comments

Search