Dare to bare...

Summer's officially here ladies! And if you're on the East Coast like I am, this first official day of the season is a scorcher! All this hot weather brings up the very hot topic of what to wear to beat the heat.

I was listening to the radio a couple days ago and there was a discussion about people "dressing for their size" during which several people said that "big girls" need to cover up and not wear things that aren't meant for them. Now, every self-respecting fashionista knows that just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you have to wear it. But I don't think that's something specific to us fluffy girls. In every size, for every body type, there are dos and don'ts.

We fluffy girls want to look and feel sexy just like everyone else. And I'm a believer in the fact that just because you may weigh a little more than the average girl doesn't mean that you have to be covered up. Especially when it's 90 degrees out and the sun's blazing! I'm notorious for baring arms, legs, cleavage or any kind of combination of the three depending on the day. And that was as true at a size 28 as it is today at an 18. Again, I am not an expert and I understand that although I am an avid lover of fashion, I break a lot of fashion rules. But I also believe that some rules are meant to be broken!

Some will say flash a little bit of skin at the collarbone while you cover up the rest and call it flattering. I say pick a feature and vamp it up! If you're like me and you love your legs, throw on a pretty dress. I love the spring and summer months because my favorite thing to do is slip on a dress and a pretty pair of sandals and go!

Would we all like to have more toned arms or a flatter tummy? Sure. But until we get there, have the confidence to know that you are beautiful my fellow fluffies and strut your stuff with pride!

No comments

Search