Ol' Blue Eyes

Hurray! Holiday party season is here and in full effect!!! I love this time of year due in large part to the fact that holiday parties are the perfect excuse to get fancy and try out glamorous new makeup looks!


For a very long time you couldn't pay me to go near blue eye shadow. It conjured up images of permed and teased 80's hair and bad Barbie makeup but recently I discovered that the problem wasn't necessarily the color; you just have to find the right shade for your complexion and undertones. The shades that I used were a combo of a midnight blue and a teal and I absolutely LOVE the way it came out! Lord knows if I had picked a bright pastel blue, you would've never seen my face on here.

                          


So for your next holiday event instead of a tried and true black or grey smoky eye, why not live on the edge and try something different for a change? If the idea of full-on color makes you nervous you can ease your way in with a midnight blue liner or just a pop of color on your lower lash line. Just remember to take it easy on the rest of your look so that your beautiful eyes can be the focus.

                          

The look that I'm wearing was created using the top two blue shades in this Limited Edition eye shadow palette but you can use any shadow as long as the shade is right. When done wrong, blue eye shadow can be a disaster but done properly, there's no better cure for the winter blues. (Cheesy pun intended!)

Until Next Time ~ XOXO JuJu

No comments

Search