4-Cheese Quiche

So I have a bit of a love affair with French food. Not all French food, of course (escargot are gross any way you slice it; I’ve tried them.) But the ones that I do like: madeleines, macarons, pain au chocolat, croissants...forgive me, I drifted away for a moment! There are some things that no one does as well as the French and I personally believe that eggs are one of them. I don’t remember when the first time was that I tried quiche but I have been head-over-heels obsessed ever since!

To me, there’s no better combo than quiche and mimosas for Sunday brunch with the girls and with this easy recipe, you’re guaranteed to impress everyone at the table! Quiche is super versatile so you can add tons of different flavors to suit your own tastes like mushrooms, spinach or ham but my personal favorite is this four cheese and onion variation on a recipe that I tweaked from one of my favorite recipe sites Entertaining With Beth (Literally the only thing I did was omit the spinach and adjust the cheese. This recipe is perfection.) Beth, to me is the queen of a “foolproof” recipe. I have yet to try one that I’ve been able to screw up! Give this one a try and I guarantee you’ll be converted!




Ingredients

10 large eggs
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 cup of heavy cream
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
1 tsp salt
black pepper (to taste)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 deep dish pie crust (Beth gave a recipe to make one from scratch but I buy mine premade)

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • In a saucepan, melt butter and add diced onion, a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and cook onions until translucent. Put them aside to cool.
  • Crack 10 eggs in a bowl and whisk together. Add the heavy cream, tsp of salt, pepper and cayenne and whisk to combine.
  • Add the cooled onions and cheese to the mixture and mix to incorporate.
  • Mold pie crust into pan , fill and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and set. (Quiche should not wiggle).
  • Cut, serve and enjoy!
***The only special item that you need in order to bake the quiche is a springform pan. It makes the process super easy because you just unlatch it and the bottom releases and keeps your crust in tact. This isn't the particular one that I have but it's similar. Rachael Ray Nonstick Springform Pan

~XOXO JuJu

No comments

Search