Unboxing: April Sample Society Beauty Box


Well hello again dolls!

There's no way to sugarcoat this: Life as a fashion/beauty blogger can get very expensive very quickly! There's always a new beauty product or fashion trend to try and the task of always having something new to talk about can lead an admitted shopaholic like myself deep into my pockets before I even know it! Luckily for me I discovered the monthly subscription service!

I have two subscription services: one beauty subscription and one accessory one which gives me the opportunity to try out new products every month for a discount. It's great! The services work exactly how they sound, you pay a monthly fee and each month a box of products are shipped right to your front door. It's like Christmas every month!



My beauty subscription is with a company called Sample Society. It's through Allure Magazine (hence the mini mag included every month) and you get a chance to test out some of the newest and best in beauty for only $15.00/mo! The great part about Sample Society versus some of the other beauty subscriptions out there is that the samples are deluxe sized which means you actually get enough product to get a good feel of whether or not you like it. A lot of the other subscriptions come with miniature sized samples which are barely enough for one use. Plus they give you a $15.00 credit each month toward purchasing any products that you want so if you order anything, the box is essentially free! Here's what was included in this month's box:

Tatcha Japanese Blotting Papers



Great for oily girls like me! I've never used this particular brand before but they're made with gold flakes so I'm in. I run through blotting papers like crazy, especially in the warmer months and I've heard great things about the Tatcha brand. These went directly into my purse!

Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask


 

I have to say, I'm a little nervous about this one. Anytime I see the words "hydrating" or "moisture", it puts the fear of clogged pores and breakouts into my heart (I shudder just thinking about it!) But, they say that if your skin is too dry (even us oil slick girls) your skin starts to overcompensate and produce more oil so maybe a little extra hydration won't be such a bad thing. Fingers crossed for me!

H2O+ Aquafirm Micro-Collagen Moisturizer with Marine Microshperes

 


Again with the moisture...Ugh! But I have to say, I am excited to see the word collagen in anything. It's never too early (or too late for that matter) to try to do a little preventative action to keep or get that youthful look back and collagen boosts cell production to keep those cherub cheeks for years and years to come so I'm willing to give it a try. (maybe on just a small section of my face first)

Butter London Wink Eye Pencil in Indigo Punk




I think I was more excited about this than any other product in the box! Butter London is a brand that is usually (to me anyway) known for their nail polish which is absolutely amazing so it'll be interesting to see how they do with other products. I have to say, I'm pretty fickle about my eyeliners these days and I have an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide pencil in a similar color that I L.O.V.E. so it'll be nice to be able to put the two up for comparison. I did swatch it on my hand already and the color is definitely not true to what it shows one the package; it has more of a gray tint but it's pretty nonetheless.

Illume Soy Candle in Anemone




Let me start by saying I love candles but I'm really picky about the scents. I HATE the smell of flowers so I was super cautious in taking the lid off of this one to smell it and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I love it! I just wish that it was bigger!

Overall I'm super happy with the products that I received and I'm excited to try everything! If you're interested in giving Sample Society a try, you can sign up here:

use code: AHUT4370
Buy Beauty Products at BeautyBar.com
Excludes existing customers of BeautyBar.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.

Until Next Time XOXO ~JuJu

No comments

Search