Bring on those May flowers already!!!

So we've officially hit my all-time favorite season. I love all things Spring! I love the weather, I love all the beautiful colors when the flowers start to bloom but most of all, I love Spring fashion. Pastels and Trench Coats and Rain Boots oh my!
I used to have an almost religious aversion to floral prints. The florals of the past were large, obnoxious and vastly unappealing to the young hip fashionista with a bit of extra fluff like myself. They conjured up images of Mumus, Jean Nate' and (shudder) plastic on the couch. Let's just say they were a bit too, ahem, mature for my taste.
Thank goodness, that's no longer the case! Today's florals for the plus sized girl are fresh and pretty and can take your look anywhere from sweet and feminine worn with a cardi and ballet flats to retro like the absolutely fab B & Lu dress above. Doesn't that dress just scream "Mad Men"??? Paired with the right elements, like one of those amazing shrunken leather jackets, you can even add some edge!
The difference is in the print. Gone are the days when the florals were monster sized and only came in pastel colors. The prints are often smaller so they're a lot more flattering and the newest way to wear them is in an abstract.
So my fellow Fluffy Fashionistas, do not fear the florals. Be it in a dress, blouse, shoes or even your earrings, find a way to incorporate florals into your wardrobe. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Make them your own and watch the compliments pour in. These are not your grandma's flowers. Happy Spring!
Women's Liberty of London for Target Poppy Print Rain Boots - Pink
Target
$29.99

Diagonal Shoulder Strp Flowy Dress
Dream Diva
$102.65 USD
"Harriet" Dress - White Floral
B & Lu: Plus Size on Trend
$51.00

No comments

Search